Monday, May 11, 2009

Answering "Humble Athiest" in Respond to Introduction to Atheist Watch

Photobucket




I put up a post on my other blog (Metacrock's blog), well to tell the truth it was a bit of taunt. I do say some things that might be just a tad provocative, such as calling atheists a loose collection of misfits. So even today (the original was published back in December 8, 2007 (this was for the original version of atheist watch--which was meant to be insulting and a place to vent my rage). I am going to edit it so that it's less provocative because I'm still getting hate comments on it. Here's the original version so you can see it one last time:


Atheist Watch Is my new Blog where I will chart the progress of the New Atheism in critical terms. Part of the mission of Atheist Watch is to keep track of the New Atheism as it transits from a lose collection of angry misfits to an actual hate group. I will also present arguments about major atheist ideas and others things pertaining to events connected with the atheist movement. I will use this blog for positive things. Here is where I will put God arguments and analyze ideas and constructs. But Atheist Watch will be used much as old Blog Fundie Watch was used. I hope Atheist Watch gets more traffic. Almost no one ever looked at Fundie Watch. I'm not sure why. but both groups need to be keep kept in view. Both New Atheism and fundies are a threat to society.



I can't get too angry since that post is rather egging them on. But today's first rant was by an "anonymous" (another one).



If you look back in history and study it with an open-mind (which unfortunately you cannot do coz your god doesn't allow it) you would see that humanity is moving towards less religion, more science ALL the time. It is an evolutionary process, no-one can stop it.

keep fighting your lost battle, humanity of tomorrow will flush books like bible down the toilet, not as a gesture of disrespect, but solely for the purpose of ridding itself of redundant objects.



The the first paragraph is a very old fashioned view of science and certainly an outdated understanding of the relation between science and religion. Its' least one hundred years old if not two hundred. The second is an absurdity since atheists still make only 3% of world population. After two centuries of the clap trap that science is so modern and disproves and God Religious belief is irrational, all of which is totally out of date and has been easily disproved a thousand times, there is only still 3% of the population of the world that buy it!

At this point it's pretty clear it wont work. I pointed out the 3% thing then this second one came in. If the same guy or a friend I don't know.


Blogger The Humble Atheist said...

Just because there is a low percentage of atheists in the world does not mean that we are wrong. I mean let's face it, there is no way to tell if either of us is correct (whether there is or isn't a god). Personally I think it is a shot in the dark to say there is a god and in a way a bit self-centered. You're basically saying "Hey look at me, I'm so perfect and beautiful that my BIG daddy in the sky is going to make everything peachy for me" So naive!!! All those who have actually searched the meaning of their existence have come to the conclusion that the only truth they can come up with is the fabrications of their subjective viewpoint.. nothing more!
Therefore anyone who is trying to convince others of the reality of a god is trying to convince those people to share their complex fantasy. You're a pretty angry guy it seems for someone who thinks that they have the support of a god with them at all times.. what's your angle?? Why do YOU believe in God???


Let's answer step by step:


Just because there is a low percentage of atheists in the world does not mean that we are wrong.


I did not say it meant that. I was responding to someone who making triumphalist assertions that atheism is beating up religion and implies that religion is in decline.


I mean let's face it, there is no way to tell if either of us is correct (whether there is or isn't a god).


Of cousre there is. We can determine which of us as the more rational, well read, studied and learned out look (that would be me of cousre). There is no way to prove to your satisfaction that God exists because you will always demand more no matter how reasonable the proof. If there is the tiniest margin for a leap of faith you will always demand that there is no proof and all and no reason to believe. No matter the evdience shows you will always assert a lock of proof not matter how irrational or improbable denying the obvious gets. That is not the same as saying no way to know which one is right. We can know which has the more intellectual, rational, better documented, better argued case. But of course you can always deny that that means anything.


Personally I think it is a shot in the dark to say there is a god and in a way a bit self-centered.


But it doesn't matter because you would not accept the most well reasoned proof.

You're basically saying "Hey look at me, I'm so perfect and beautiful that my BIG daddy in the sky is going to make everything peachy for me" So naive!!!



This is a statement of absolute ignorance.It shows that you have not bothered to read my blog or anything I've written because I habitually make the statement "God is not a big sky daddy." I say that constantly. But you have idea what my view of God is because you have not bothered to learn anything about my view.s you assume I must be so very stupid because all religious people are stupid. You buy into the typical hate group assumptions of hate group Dawkamentlaism.If you knew anything about Christan views you would not see salvation as arrogance but as just what the same says, we are sinful people who don't deserve mercy being saved by the source of love because the source of all love cares about people.

Apparently you have not herd of the concept of grace have you?



All those who have actually searched the meaning of their existence have come to the conclusion that the only truth they can come up with is the fabrications of their subjective viewpoint.. nothing more!


this is childishly simplistic statement. "All those who have thought about their existence." What a stupid ass thing to say!" you don't all those who have thought about it, but this shows how terrible unread you are. I was thinking about the meaning of my existence when you were a gleam in the milk man's eye. I was an atheist and existential before you were born (1973).?? I don't know how old you are but I imagine maybe like 17?

I am willing to bet I was reading Sartre and Camus before you existed. There are also a host of thinkers who have are far more deeply involved in thinking about the meaning of their existence who don't come to the puerile conclusion that there's no God, which is nothing more than an excuse to screw.

No comments: