To Understand the atheist truth regime in terms of its ideology and keep tabs on its propaganda and tactics.
Warning: Dyslexic at work: there be occasional spelling errors becuase I can't see the words the way you do.
Watch for new posts every MWF
- I don't know about you, but I was talking about the fallacies being pushed by religious apologists. The repression of science was one of the things I discussed in my OP. And regardless of how you spin it, the Index included scientists like Kepler, Copernicus, Galileo and others.
In any case, we seem to be stuck on the counter-reformation Catholic Church rather than Christianity in general.
- For a long time, Christianity WAS the Catholic church. If they had their way, they'd still be the only game in town, and we'd still be in the dark ages.
- This was the single biggest contribution to science that can be attributed to the church (as I have noted). It was motivated primarily by the desire to keep an accurate calendar of religious holidays
- As long as there was no challenge to church dogma. They weren't too happy about Franklin's lightening rod.
- If you only pay attention to Christian apologetic sources, your view of history will always be distorted. And you have the gall to call me biased.
- His reason for banning anatomical study was purely religious. And it did impede science, whether or not that was his intention.
- So he's on your team or he's not, depending on what point you are trying to argue. I've had several discussions with Christians who insist that you can't be a Christian without accepting the trinity dogma.
- Yes. Constantine was the murderer who took over power in the 4th century and forced Christianity on the people of Europe. And when did the decline of the Roman empire begin? If I recall my history, it was the 4th century.
That was funny. And, Stan is right: IMS is beyond help at this stage.
he wouldn't seem so stupid if he wasn't closed minded.
Post a Comment