Monday, November 23, 2009

Atheist Children on Dawkins board Disover my arugments

#

On the Dawkings board the children discovered my arguments for God. They have been looking at them in droves and making mocking and ridiculing comments deonstrating that they don't understand them. We can see from this how they exemplify the fourth state of the FBI hate group profile "the hate group gathers to mock the target." They have no constructive arguments of any kind. All they do is make little ridiculing troll comments.


What is a hate crime?



Diane Elmore, PhD, MPH, in the APA Public Interest Government Relations Office


Current federal law defines hate crimes as any felony or crime of violence that manifests prejudice
based on “race, color, religion, or national origin” (18 U.S.C. §245). Hate crimes can be understood as
criminal conduct motivated in whole or in part by a negative opinion or attitude toward a group of
persons. Hate crimes involve a specific aspect of the victim’s identity (e.g., race). Hate crimes are not
simply biases, they are dangerous actions motivated by biases (e.g., cross burnings, physical assault)


Maybe these lack the specific violence (unless speech can be a form of violence) but the motivations and the target chosen match up. The above definition says those when vent hatred agaisnt religion are a hate group.




Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby pinoyatheist » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 am

A Christian told me about this site that proves the existence of God. There are 42 arguments listed, well...I know that these arguments are all reharshed...but some seems to be quite new.

Maybe you guys can take a look at it.

http://www.doxa.ws/meta_crock/listGodarguments.html

Thanks and more power.

Note: I think the guy who own this is a certain Metacrock.
pinoyatheist
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby IIzO » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 pm

That was a pain to read...most of those arguments already begs the question (God seems to always be necessary ), there are lots of arguments of designs , and many ontological arguments, lots of assertiongs like "conscioussness is a BASIC property of nature" that sound a lot like (everything is conscious) wich is a big assertion.Anyway your friend probably just wanted to make you read a whole lot of said "arguments" without having to discuss himself .Anyway that could be some fun having a critic of each of those arguments but who is really going to write an answer when actually the forum is already full of counters to those arguments.You should try browsing.
IIzO
Forum Member

Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: France

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby campermon » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:30 pm

pinoyatheist wrote:A Christian told me about this site that proves the existence of God. There are 42 arguments listed, well...I know that these arguments are all reharshed...but some seems to be quite new.


I had a quick look through the site... :nono:

Are there any arguments in particular you want looking at?

;)
newolder wrote:
newagedrivel wrote:Now if we only have a single infinite amount of that substance then you might call it nothing because nothing would have no definition ......
and if I had a brick I may as well call it Thursday 'cos the Teletubbies are mellifluous. What are you wibbling about here?
User avatar
campermon
Forum Member

Posts: 3840
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby Viraldi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Are they any different from these?
Live life like there is no after life.
User avatar
Viraldi
Newbie

Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby IIzO » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 pm

# METACROCK'S ARGUMENT FOR GOD (I)
(1) I have a philosophy degree.
(2) Your knowledge in philosophy is paltry in comparison to mine.
(3) Therefore you are unable to comprehend my intense philosophical proofs of God's existence.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

# METACROCK'S ARGUMENT FOR GOD (II)
(1) I created the term "arbitrary necessity".
(2) It is a golden principle and applies to whatever I say it does.
(3) I say an eternal universe is an arbitrary necessity.
(4) Therefore, God exists.
# ARGUMENT FROM MULTIPLICITY (I), a.k.a. METACROCK'S ARGUMENT
(1) I have a large number of arguments for God.
(2) One of them is probably true.
(3) Therefore, God exists.



Oh so he is that metacrock....you learn (almost) everyday.
IIzO
Forum Member

Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: France

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby DaveScriv » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 pm

42 arguments eh?

I guess the people on that site don't read Douglas Adams's books (how he would have laughed if he was alive to see that), or they would have made sure their list came to any other number but 42.
DaveScriv
Forum Member

Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby Delvo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

pinoyatheist wrote:A Christian told me about this site that proves the existence of God.
Ask him/her for proof of some details about what God is like (and reasons why that should be loved/worshipped), not just whether or not he exists.
Delvo
Forum Member

Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby feign_ignorence » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 am

Viraldi wrote:Are they any different from these?


408. FERMAT'S LAST ARGUMENT
(1) My proof is so big it doesn't fit into the margins.
(2) Therefore, God exists.


Awesome. :lol:
I approve of this message.
feign_ignorence
Forum Member

Posts: 825
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby styrox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:23 am

Why do they always have many arguments to choose from, would not ONE be enough if they actually believed it was solid ?

Now its like they are saying "here you go, i hope i can't see thru atleast one of theese" :)
styrox
Newbie

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby Enthymeme » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:28 am

styrox wrote:Why do they always have many arguments to choose from, would not ONE be enough if they actually believed it was solid ?


Reminds me of Einstein, "If they were right, they'd only need one". (When 100 scientists compiled their arguments into a book criticising Einstein's theories).
Enthymeme
Forum Member

Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby Enthymeme » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:00 am

Argument 1: Point 1 is an assumption. Point 2 is unsubstantiated. No point continuing further.

Argument 2: Firstly it's mispelled. Secondly it is based upon an appeal to consequence. Therefore fallacious.

Argument 3: Confuses descriptive laws for proscriptive laws.

Argument 4: Is answered by the Anthropic Principle.

Argument 5: Is an appeal to popularity. Therefore fallacious.

Argument 6: Is an attempt to logically prove that religion doesn't require logical arguments... how redundant.

Argument 7: Relies upon anecdotal evidence.

Argument 8: Also mispelled. Is a circular argument relying upon its own axiom as its conclusion.

Argument 9: God exists because trees are pretty... uhhhh.... right. Do I need to say anything?

Argument 10: They admit at the bottom that it proves nothing, making my job easy. Moving along.

Argument 11: God exists because we all feel the need for him to exist. I don't. Disproven.

Argument 12: Mmmm... Cookies (I just magically created cookies in my mouth by defining them into existence).

Argument 13: Dear god, these cookies are still delicious.

Argument 14: Seriously, you've got to try these cookies.

Argument 15: You're assigning traits to non-existence. Stop it. Non-existence doesn't have traits... don't make me quote never ending story.

Argument 16: Libraries use the dewey decimal system... therefore god exists. They're not even trying anymore. Once again they are confusing concepts for objects.

Argument 17: A hole would be something... no it was nothing. As threatened they assigned traits to non-existence against, thus I had to quote never ending story.

Argument 18: Mmmm, sure am glad I've got these yummy cookies.

Argument 19: And the nothing got bigger...

Argument 20: Confusing descriptive and proscriptive again... and I do mean confusing.

*gasp* That's it... I can't take anymore, must rest brain and replace stupidity filter. It's all clogged up.
Enthymeme
Forum Member

Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:14 am

It seems to me (though I can of course be mistaken) --it just seems to me that the earth is too big and complicated and extremely diverse to have been brought into existence in the simplisitc manner outlined in the Bible or the Koran. They tend to skim over too many pertinent details, not to mention the chronology is all wrong. I think it was Carl Sagan who once said that the the fact that so few of the fidnings of modern science is prefigured in scripture casts doubts upon its divine inspiration. I mean, there's no mention of plate tectonics, or evolutionary theory, or the "germ" theory of disease --useful tidbits of information. And seeing that god is generally portrayed as omniscient and omnipotent and beneficent, why couldn't he have revealed a little more information rather than allow us to wallow for centuries in gross ignorance? Epilepsy was once thought to be the result of demonic possession. Earthquakes were sure and terrifying manifestations of god's displeasure, as was the bubonic plague. It's almost as though we human beings have had to figure all these things out for ourselves over many centuries and through much trial and error, and without any succor from on high. It almost leads one to believe that there's no god at all --at least not the meddling kind we read about in the world's holy books... :dunno:
Havoc
Forum Member

Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby RaspK » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Enthymeme wrote:*gasp* That's it... I can't take anymore, must rest brain and replace stupidity filter. It's all clogged up.

Have a mug: you deserve it. :cheers:
Image
User avatar
RaspK
Forum Moderator

Posts: 18335
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Moschaton, Attica, Greece

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby blindbloygrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:46 pm

IIzO wrote:That was a pain to read...most of those arguments already begs the question (God seems to always be necessary ), there are lots of arguments of designs , and many ontological arguments, lots of assertiongs like "conscioussness is a BASIC property of nature" that sound a lot like (everything is conscious) wich is a big assertion.Anyway your friend probably just wanted to make you read a whole lot of said "arguments" without having to discuss himself .Anyway that could be some fun having a critic of each of those arguments but who is really going to write an answer when actually the forum is already full of counters to those arguments.You should try browsing.



No they aer not rehashes they are not begging the question, you are. The whole little Dawkins thing is nothing more than begging the question. Your insistence all existence has to conform to the knowledge of biology that we have presently is nothing but Question begging. There are many scientists who see consciousness as more than just a side effect of brain chemistry. There is a large body of work arguing for consciousness as a property of nature. That work is largely demonstrated on the pages you are mocking. Convient that you just don't see the evidence isn't it?
blindbloygrunt
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby blindbloygrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 pm

IIzO wrote:
# METACROCK'S ARGUMENT FOR GOD (I)
(1) I have a philosophy degree.
(2) Your knowledge in philosophy is paltry in comparison to mine.
(3) Therefore you are unable to comprehend my intense philosophical proofs of God's existence.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

# METACROCK'S ARGUMENT FOR GOD (II)
(1) I created the term "arbitrary necessity".
(2) It is a golden principle and applies to whatever I say it does.
(3) I say an eternal universe is an arbitrary necessity.
(4) Therefore, God exists.
# ARGUMENT FROM MULTIPLICITY (I), a.k.a. METACROCK'S ARGUMENT
(1) I have a large number of arguments for God.
(2) One of them is probably true.
(3) Therefore, God exists.



Oh so he is that metacrock....you learn (almost) everyday.




that is nothing more than empty mocking. O fun fun fun. how clever. you are th emost clever person who ever lived.
now can you actually make an intelligent argument about the pages on the net? do you even understand what he's saying at all? did you read any of it?
blindbloygrunt
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby blindbloygrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:51 pm

DaveScriv wrote:42 arguments eh?

I guess the people on that site don't read Douglas Adams's books (how he would have laughed if he was alive to see that), or they would have made sure their list came to any other number but 42.


that's not an argument either. that's ideology name drop. you are just saying "He's not in like me, I'm in the in group because I subscribe to an ideology." This is pathetic. when I was an atheist it would about thinking of yourself. that' why it was called "free thinking." Not because everyone was required to intone little mantras ans show how cool they are, but because we really thought bout stuff.

now if you actually thoughts bout any of the ideas on "that site" do you think you could discuss some of them?

do you get that saying "I am cool I an drop the in name" is not actually argument. do you get that?
blindbloygrunt
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby 95Theses » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Good god who left the door to the internet unlocked again?
If for no other reason, we should refrain from ad homs because if we don't then we may be mistaken for creationists.

-Mr.Samsa
User avatar
95Theses
Forum Member

Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 am

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby blindbloygrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Enthymeme wrote:Argument 1: Point 1 is an assumption. Point 2 is unsubstantiated. No point continuing further.

Argument 2: Firstly it's mispelled. Secondly it is based upon an appeal to consequence. Therefore fallacious.

Argument 3: Confuses descriptive laws for proscriptive laws.

Argument 4: Is answered by the Anthropic Principle.

Argument 5: Is an appeal to popularity. Therefore fallacious.

Argument 6: Is an attempt to logically prove that religion doesn't require logical arguments... how redundant.

Argument 7: Relies upon anecdotal evidence.

Argument 8: Also mispelled. Is a circular argument relying upon its own axiom as its conclusion.

Argument 9: God exists because trees are pretty... uhhhh.... right. Do I need to say anything?

Argument 10: They admit at the bottom that it proves nothing, making my job easy. Moving along.

Argument 11: God exists because we all feel the need for him to exist. I don't. Disproven.

Argument 12: Mmmm... Cookies (I just magically created cookies in my mouth by defining them into existence).

Argument 13: Dear god, these cookies are still delicious.

Argument 14: Seriously, you've got to try these cookies.

Argument 15: You're assigning traits to non-existence. Stop it. Non-existence doesn't have traits... don't make me quote never ending story.

Argument 16: Libraries use the dewey decimal system... therefore god exists. They're not even trying anymore. Once again they are confusing concepts for objects.

Argument 17: A hole would be something... no it was nothing. As threatened they assigned traits to non-existence against, thus I had to quote never ending story.

Argument 18: Mmmm, sure am glad I've got these yummy cookies.

Argument 19: And the nothing got bigger...

Argument 20: Confusing descriptive and proscriptive again... and I do mean confusing.

*gasp* That's it... I can't take anymore, must rest brain and replace stupidity filter. It's all clogged up.



those are not arguments either. It sounds like you are making arguments becuase you are referring to them. But you are not actually demonstrating anything. you are just saying what you lame uneducated opinion is form having read every deeply and then you don't bother to actually argue it.

Not one thing that I see in this thread addresses a single one of those arguments on Doxa. you have failed to do anything but just childish silly little mocking of things you don't understand.

Make an argument. what's the deal? don't you understand the arguments? why can't actually make an argument?

if you want actually pick one and discuss I will. but just saying 'boo that! I don't like God boog this guy likes God and I dont' like God so boo him" what does that do? that's just childish prattle.
blindbloygrunt
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Some arguments I found in the Internet

Postby blindbloygrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:57 pm

95Theses wrote:Good god who left the door to the internet unlocked again?



O good god, you can't just play your troll game but you have to account for your stupid ass opinion. o no! little bully hate groups like to actually have to make arguments do they?
blindbloygrunt
Newbie

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm



that guy Blindboygrunt came on to try and show them they aren't really arguing and they just insulted him with some crazy graphic. you see in that whole long thing there is not one single argument that has any substance.


as for the guy who said this:

I guess the people on that site don't read Douglas Adams's books (how he would have laughed if he was alive to see that), or they would have made sure their list came to any other number but 42.


yes idiot I did make 42 becuase I have read and love Hitchiker's guide. Did you know that Admas was not a philosopher, not a scientist and not a serious thinker? did you know his little joke book is not a serious piece of work? did you know that?

Atheists are so dull witted they can't even get obvious jokes in front of their faces.

3 comments:

Metacrock said...

It's already gotten one hate mail. What stupid people, to go "I'll show you atheism isn't hate group. I'll send a hate mail that ought to prove it."

John the Atheist said...

Thanks for your comments @ Mr. Metacrock. I'll be doing some more studies on both sides so I can make a balance perspective of the arguments presented.

Metacrock said...

Thanks for your comments @ Mr. Metacrock. I'll be doing some more studies on both sides so I can make a balance perspective of the arguments presented.

fair enough